Sunday 4 June 2017

Sewing with vintage buttons

As you probably know, I am a sewist myself and the original purpose was to make garments using the my vintage button findings. I am still into it, though I must admit there is less and less time left for sewing. Today I would like to show you a few items I made using buttons from my collection.

two black buttons on the blouseA person wearing a light pink blouse
The first one is a retro-inspired blouse with button closure. I used two small black buttons in ball shape. 


The second sewing project features a dress, to which I added a collar with a big cookie button. I love these big celluloid buttons! 

White collar with huge black buttona girl wearing a black dress and a whit coat
The third one is a pair of simple trousers, to which I added a very special button. This design was popular with the Oktoberfest fans. 

Metal button on pantsgreen trousers
Another one is a blouse, again, retro-inspired, for which I used the pink mother of pearl buttons. These are still available in my shop. 

Cute pink blouse with mother of pearl buttons

Yet another blouse, this time made of sheer fabric. I used small pearly plastic buttons for this style, to match the plumetti pattern on the fabric.

A girl wearing a sheer white blouse and a black mini skirtWhite sleeve cuff with a vintage button

Increasingly, I have strated using the belt buckles for my projects, as you can see from one of my previous posts.

A girl wearing a yellow dress with a belt
This retro-inspired dress has gained so much thanks to the belt!

And my vintage paterns, too!

A girl wearing a black and white top with white rose buttons
This one is based of the Advence 6953 pattern I sell in my shop.
I traced the blouse pieces onto paper before folding them up and putting on sale.

I have an ambitious plan to keep going, and using both vintage patterns and buttons. I will be posting the info about the progress on this blog, as well as my Polish blog, WMoimStyluWMojejSzafie.
Also, you can follow my pinterest board, where I share all my sewing projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment