Sunday, 4 June 2017

Sewing with vintage buttons

As you probably know, I am a sewist myself and the original purpose was to make garments using the my vintage button findings. I am still into it, though I must admit there is less and less time left for sewing. Today I would like to show you a few items I made using buttons from my collection.

The first one is a retro-inspired blouse with button closure. I used two small black buttons in ball shape. 


The second sewing project features a dress, to which I added a collar with a big cookie button. I love these big celluloid buttons! 

The third one is a pair of simple trousers, to which I added a very special button. This design was popular with the Oktoberfest fans. 

Another one is a blouse, again, retro-inspired, for which I used the pink mother of pearl buttons. These are still available in my shop. 


Yet another blouse, this time made of sheer fabric. I used small pearly plastic buttons for this style, to match the plumetti pattern on the fabric.


Increasingly, I have strated using the belt buckles for my projects, as you can see from one of my previous posts.

This retro-inspired dress has gained so much thanks to the belt!

And my vintage paterns, too!

This one is based of the Advence 6953 pattern I sell in my shop.
I traced the blouse pieces onto paper before folding them up and putting on sale.

I have an ambitious plan to keep going, and using both vintage patterns and buttons. I will be posting the info about the progress on this blog, as well as my Polish blog, WMoimStyluWMojejSzafie.
Also, you can follow my pinterest board, where I share all my sewing projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment